People might be wondering why we chose to stay at the same resort again...
Reason is simple - we know it's worth the $$ and the staffs are friendly enough to make us feel comfortable.
Well, this is going to be a long post cos I'm compiling the 8 days trip in Racha *hehe*.
The 1st day when we arrived at the waiting lounge at Chalong Bay Phuket to take the 1st boat to Racha, it started to rain heavily. We had to put on the disposable transparent poncho that the staff gave us cos we had to walk to the jetty area to ride on the shuttle bus, which would then bring us to the speedboat. (fyi: all timing in the photos are in Singapore time so please minus an hour for Thai time, in case you are interested to know when I took the photo *hehe*)
Reason is simple - we know it's worth the $$ and the staffs are friendly enough to make us feel comfortable.
Well, this is going to be a long post cos I'm compiling the 8 days trip in Racha *hehe*.
The 1st day when we arrived at the waiting lounge at Chalong Bay Phuket to take the 1st boat to Racha, it started to rain heavily. We had to put on the disposable transparent poncho that the staff gave us cos we had to walk to the jetty area to ride on the shuttle bus, which would then bring us to the speedboat. (fyi: all timing in the photos are in Singapore time so please minus an hour for Thai time, in case you are interested to know when I took the photo *hehe*)
The Shuttle Bus
Shirlene said I brought the rain over cos during the previous trip at Racha on one particular day, it would start to drizzle whenever I took off my T-shirt for a tan or swim... and I did wear my swimming costume so dun think otherwise hor... that's when my new nickname appear - Rain God.
Anyway, coming back to my narration, it continued to rain for the whole day and so there was no outdoor activities for Day 1. The Sun came out to play on Day 2 and both of us spent almost 4 hours (unknowingly) under the Sun swimming, tanning and reading novels at the Infinity Pool... and because of the long hours, our 1st outdoor activity resulted in sunburns. And the worst thing was... we didn't apply the suntan lotion that we brought and left it in our villa, cos we were too excited to get under the Sun *stupid duo*. After we were burnt and became red skinned, we then started to apply the suntan lotions on the subsequent days, which we know it's too late but had to minimize further "cooking".
Anyway, coming back to my narration, it continued to rain for the whole day and so there was no outdoor activities for Day 1. The Sun came out to play on Day 2 and both of us spent almost 4 hours (unknowingly) under the Sun swimming, tanning and reading novels at the Infinity Pool... and because of the long hours, our 1st outdoor activity resulted in sunburns. And the worst thing was... we didn't apply the suntan lotion that we brought and left it in our villa, cos we were too excited to get under the Sun *stupid duo*. After we were burnt and became red skinned, we then started to apply the suntan lotions on the subsequent days, which we know it's too late but had to minimize further "cooking".
Our Deluxe Villa
Abit of sea view from our villa
New shades from Oakley
The Singapore NTUC plastic bag followed us whenever we went for our swim
The Infinity Pool where we usually hanged out
The swimming items + Racha's complimentary water + Shirlene's novel
The novel which I borrowed from the Racha Library to read by the pool
(the ending sucks and I even had a nitemare about it *nonsense me*)
(the ending sucks and I even had a nitemare about it *nonsense me*)
The consequence for not applying suntan lotion during the 1st tan
(no afterburn lotion either - everything was left to Fate)
(no afterburn lotion either - everything was left to Fate)
We finally tried the ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) as promised from the previous trip and it was so exciting and fun... it costs 1000++ Thai Baht (subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT) per person and a guide from Racha would bring us tour around the island using the ATV.
The patient tour guide called "Banthao" teaching Shirlene how to maneuver
the ATV using the gears cos we never ride a motorbike before
the ATV using the gears cos we never ride a motorbike before
Ready to tour the Racha Yai Island on our ATV
Some free-roaming cattles we saw during the ATV tour
We visited another resort on the island called "BanRaya"
but I dun think any of you would want to stay there...
(ps: there was another couple who were with us on the ATV Tour)
but I dun think any of you would want to stay there...
(ps: there was another couple who were with us on the ATV Tour)
Reason No.1 for Rejection: Insufficient chairs for tanning
(I only spotted 4 - maybe they know their occupancy rate standards)
(I only spotted 4 - maybe they know their occupancy rate standards)
Reason No.2 for Rejection: Who would want to sit on the chairs under the Big Creepy Tree?
Reason No.3 for Rejection: Check out the Public Toilet location
(guess they want to maintain a balance with the Nature)
(guess they want to maintain a balance with the Nature)
My No.16 ATV could not get started on the engine after this photo shot
(poor Banthao had to "jump start" it for me down a slope and he is skillful lor, but he kept reminding me not to turn off the ATV engine during our breaks)
(poor Banthao had to "jump start" it for me down a slope and he is skillful lor, but he kept reminding me not to turn off the ATV engine during our breaks)
Another beach around the island which is quite isolated
(gives me a "free land" feeling when I see how empty the beach is)
(gives me a "free land" feeling when I see how empty the beach is)
Natural stream forming from the sand leading to the sea
(wonder if one day the whole beach would be split into two sectors)
(wonder if one day the whole beach would be split into two sectors)
Close up of the sand giving way to the stream *amazing nature*
Our Great ATV Guide - Banthao and my problematic No.16
We also went to the beach and got ourselves a body board each from the Sea Sports & Activities Centre to surf the waves... didn't get any shots of the surfing cos we can't risk losing my buddy's Samsung 8.2 Megapix DigiCam if we were to bring along and leave it lying around while we enjoyed lying along with the waves - my head will roll lor...
During the last few days in Racha, Shirlene decided to learn some cycling. So the Helpful Ah Sze rendered her humble service after their breakfast (which ended at 11am - nice time) and managed to rent (for free and unlimited time) the smallest bicycle we can get for learning purpose. She practiced along the straight pavement near our villa, and tested the downslopes to get some auto movement started. Sweats dripped like free flow water under the hot Sun and still she persevere... it was a good try and we decided to switch to swimming which was more relaxing since there wasn't any success... anyway, you did your best Shirlene, *hehe* next time we try again k?
During the last few days in Racha, Shirlene decided to learn some cycling. So the Helpful Ah Sze rendered her humble service after their breakfast (which ended at 11am - nice time) and managed to rent (for free and unlimited time) the smallest bicycle we can get for learning purpose. She practiced along the straight pavement near our villa, and tested the downslopes to get some auto movement started. Sweats dripped like free flow water under the hot Sun and still she persevere... it was a good try and we decided to switch to swimming which was more relaxing since there wasn't any success... anyway, you did your best Shirlene, *hehe* next time we try again k?
The Hardworking Shirlene
The Helpful Ah Sze
As usual, we took some photos of some nature creatures we came across outside our villa...

Oh, I remembered one funny encounter we had with the female staff over a phone conversation. We were preparing cup noodles in our villa at about 4pm plus (Thai time) when we realised that we needed one more fork. Shirlene called up Housekeeping thru the phone and requested for a fork.
This was the fork we requested
Shirlene: Hi, this is room 316. Can I have a fork please?
Staff: Mdm, you want fork? (based on what Shir told me from her hearing)
Shirlene: Yes, I want a fork.
Staff: Ok Mdm.
Then we waited for the 2nd fork while Shirlene started with her eating. After she was done with her noodle, I took over the fork and eventually finished my noodle... but the fork had not arrived. About half an hour later, there was a knock on the door and when Shirlene went to open it, this was what she received...
We were confused for a moment and wondered where was our fork, and then we realised that the staff had mistakenly thought that we had requested for a "frog" when we told her we wanted a "fork". Luckily I did not wait for the "frog" for my noodles, if not maybe I could have "frog legs noodles" bah~ *haha*
Staff: Mdm, you want fork? (based on what Shir told me from her hearing)
Shirlene: Yes, I want a fork.
Staff: Ok Mdm.
Then we waited for the 2nd fork while Shirlene started with her eating. After she was done with her noodle, I took over the fork and eventually finished my noodle... but the fork had not arrived. About half an hour later, there was a knock on the door and when Shirlene went to open it, this was what she received...
Newspaper + Goodnight Card + Orchid
(this was the standard evening items given)
+ Frog (meant for putting outside the villa door to represent "Do Not Disturb")
(this was the standard evening items given)
+ Frog (meant for putting outside the villa door to represent "Do Not Disturb")
We were confused for a moment and wondered where was our fork, and then we realised that the staff had mistakenly thought that we had requested for a "frog" when we told her we wanted a "fork". Luckily I did not wait for the "frog" for my noodles, if not maybe I could have "frog legs noodles" bah~ *haha*
There was another nonsense incident we created... one particular day after our room had been made up by the Housekeeping staff, we climbed onto the bed to watch TV and suddenly I saw some blood stains (about 1.5cm in length) underneath the quilt cover. We were shocked and checked ourselves but did not spot any injuries. So we requested the Housekeeping to change the quilt cover immediately... but I kept thinking how was it possible that they could have missed out such an obvious red stain when the quilt cover was white in colour? Anyway the quilt cover was changed, and the staff gave us the usual Goodnight Card and Orchid (and it's not yet evening time *haha*). The next day, I used the towel to wash my hair and prepared to go for breakfast. Shirlene then told me that there was another similar stain on the towel. So I asked her to check my head if there was any cut and she said no... There wasn't any other cuts on my hands as far as I know so it remained a mystery... where could the blood come from??
Anyway, I dunno which day that I discovered that I had a 1.5cm cut (wounds already dried up) at the back of my elbow... and I really dunno when and how I got injured cos I didn't felt any pain and if I had knew that the mysterious blood had come from me, I would have wash off the stain on the quilt cover on my own in the first place liao *hehe paiseh leh*
Anyway, I dunno which day that I discovered that I had a 1.5cm cut (wounds already dried up) at the back of my elbow... and I really dunno when and how I got injured cos I didn't felt any pain and if I had knew that the mysterious blood had come from me, I would have wash off the stain on the quilt cover on my own in the first place liao *hehe paiseh leh*
My mysterious injury
Hmm... I wonder if Racha had put our Villa number under the "Beware" category during our stay since both of us are really nonsense *haha*
No comments:
Post a Comment