18th November 2008 = Shirlene's 23rd Birthday~
Shirlene said 23 years old is considered old liao... maybe she forgot that the person she's talking to is already 30 bah... hmm... wonder if that's a compliment to me *haha*
Anyway, we went to Ritz Carlton to have buffet dinner earlier to celebrate her birthday. Yes, it's my treat but don't say I'm rich wor~but their buffet is really good. Didn't know that tonight's theme was Oyster's Nite, but usually they serve good oysters and other seafood.
There were 5 different types of oysters from different countries, and I tried them all!! I read the description tags but I can't seem to remember the exact contents, so I can only provide a super brief description and my after taste thoughts.
Oyster 1 = from New Zealand, stated as the most nutritious oyster. Due to its big size, it has a thicker and creamy taste compared to the other oysters. No wonder they say it is very nutritious~
Oyster 2 = from France, stated as a fine oyster. This oyster is the thinnest among all, can eat more and the "oyster taste" is not that strong... newbies can eat this for a start but I dunno where else got sell.
Oyster 3 = from dunno which country but I think I saw the word "Irish". Anyway, this oyster has a natural salty taste to it due to the place it's from.
Oyster 4 = from France also, has a more rounded shell and smaller compared to the others. Although it's small in size, the "oyster taste" is stronger wor...
Oyster 5 = can be found in three places but I forgot where liao *haha old age lah* this type of oysters is what we usually eat (I think so cos they are placed at the same place in abundance). This is also what attracted me to the buffet dinner specifically at Ritz Carlton. Anyway I wonder why I suddenly feel sleepy after eating the 5 types of oysters wor~ cos after that I slowed down in my other food consumption liao... maybe too nutritious?
Ok enough of oysters' talk... Let's talk about the complimentary birthday cake that the restaurant had prepared for us.
One coffee flavoured cake + birthday song sang by the restaurant staff + background birthday music by the band (not rubber band leh, it's those who play the violin, piano, cello etc). Oh, and it was me who notified the staff when I called to make the dinner reservation *ahem* good hor?
Shirlene said 23 years old is considered old liao... maybe she forgot that the person she's talking to is already 30 bah... hmm... wonder if that's a compliment to me *haha*
Anyway, we went to Ritz Carlton to have buffet dinner earlier to celebrate her birthday. Yes, it's my treat but don't say I'm rich wor~but their buffet is really good. Didn't know that tonight's theme was Oyster's Nite, but usually they serve good oysters and other seafood.
There were 5 different types of oysters from different countries, and I tried them all!! I read the description tags but I can't seem to remember the exact contents, so I can only provide a super brief description and my after taste thoughts.
Oyster 1 = from New Zealand, stated as the most nutritious oyster. Due to its big size, it has a thicker and creamy taste compared to the other oysters. No wonder they say it is very nutritious~Oyster 2 = from France, stated as a fine oyster. This oyster is the thinnest among all, can eat more and the "oyster taste" is not that strong... newbies can eat this for a start but I dunno where else got sell.
Oyster 3 = from dunno which country but I think I saw the word "Irish". Anyway, this oyster has a natural salty taste to it due to the place it's from.
Oyster 4 = from France also, has a more rounded shell and smaller compared to the others. Although it's small in size, the "oyster taste" is stronger wor...
Oyster 5 = can be found in three places but I forgot where liao *haha old age lah* this type of oysters is what we usually eat (I think so cos they are placed at the same place in abundance). This is also what attracted me to the buffet dinner specifically at Ritz Carlton. Anyway I wonder why I suddenly feel sleepy after eating the 5 types of oysters wor~ cos after that I slowed down in my other food consumption liao... maybe too nutritious?
Ok enough of oysters' talk... Let's talk about the complimentary birthday cake that the restaurant had prepared for us.
One coffee flavoured cake + birthday song sang by the restaurant staff + background birthday music by the band (not rubber band leh, it's those who play the violin, piano, cello etc). Oh, and it was me who notified the staff when I called to make the dinner reservation *ahem* good hor?
No comments:
Post a Comment