Monday, January 29, 2007

4.5hrs In Sentosa

The Initial Plan 4 To be at Sentosa on 28th Jan 07 @ 1130hrs J

The Actual Case 4 Arrived at Sentosa on 28th Jan 07 @ 1530hrs :(

The Reason 4 Overslept til 1030hrs and subsequently being "kidnapped" by a family of 3 comprising of a mother and 2 sons to go AMK Central and buy track pants, sell Nokia 7610 and buy SE K618i...

Here are the places that I visited at Sentosa... personally guided by Shirlene who had previously worked at Images of S'pore before~

Sentosa Luge & Sky Ride

"Once Is Never Enough"... that is their motto... and it is very true. Just when you are starting to know how to maneuver the Luge, you had reached the ending point. It's quite expensive thou... $8 for a one time Luge and skyride back to the top, and $15 for 3 Luge rides and skyrides. In order to save $, we took the cheaper rate *hehe*


Carlsberg Sky Tower

This is the tall tall tower where we can see the whole of Sentosa and some southern islands when the round round thing escalates to the top (131m above sea level). Think I'm the weak one... cos I feel abit giddy when the round thing slowly moves twice in clockwise direction to let us view the scenery. Here are some pictures I took before I puke.. (just joking lah *haha*) Hmm~ honestly speaking, I missed my SuperStar Virgo from the view~~ (gonna plan another trip there soon *hehe*). By the way, you could see the Luge track in the pic beside the Merlion... the long (but not that long) wounding track below the skyride.


Images of Singapore

This place is nice... tells us the history of Singapore... with alot of life-sized figurines inside, which most of them looked scary *oohhh*. But it's worth visiting if you're going Sentosa thou...

The nicely tanned and glossy coolies in their quarters

The hidden man whom you see when you open the "toilet" door beside the coolie quarters (almost scared me siah... lucky I open slowly)

Where is the Trishaw man?

The Fire-Walking Experience
(really very painful cos it's barefoot vs jagged surfaces)

Part-time advertisement for Ice Balls

Musical Fountain

The show starts at 1940hrs and the crowd started sitting as early as 1820hrs. We got our seats at 1840hrs cos Shir said the place would always be filled up latest by 1900hrs. I was so enthusiastic about the show cos it was said to be quite good. Finally after waited for an hour, the surrounding lights darkened and the host appeared in the spotlight. He greeted us and there were some simple water splurging movements... people clapped... then there was silence... with only the host doing some hand movements in the spotlight. Oh~ he was apologising to the crowd... cos there was some technical fault. So everyone waited...

A minute later, the same host appeared again in the spotlight and the same introduction speech was played again through the system. Suddenly there was a sense of déjà vu... cos the silence started again at the same point. I started to think... "am I so lucky?" The thought was then disrupted by the 3rd time of similar introduction by the same host (poor fella actually)... but this time the show extended til the part where the laser image of "Kiki" the Monkey appeared among the water, which was about 5 mins into the show.

The funny thing was... "Kiki" was hiding and appearing in the background, and suddenly it was gone... the system cocked up again~ and the show couldn't carry on anymore... No "Kiki" - no show. And no show means Ah sze wants to leave for home cos she's tired of waiting. It's such a disappointment~

By the way, I only managed to take a picture of the evil Merlion when it's eyes and mouth became orange during the evening, from the place where I sat at the boring Musical Fountain.

No comments: