Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Life Is Cruel~ But Sweet Enough~

How many times had you spent tons of hard work on something, and the end result only took up a few minutes of everyone's time? I guess the answer is... "Always"

A moment of fame/glory at the expense of sweats and hunger~

Finally I managed to deliver the presentation earlier (5th Feb @ 1740hrs) to the Big Shots after completing my 3-days preparations. The "glorious" moment only lasted for 10-15mins. But it was a relief for me~ and I felt a huge sense of satisfaction after slogging for the past week. I guess everything went well... they were nodding their heads while I talked my way through, and I could answer almost all their queries... except for one question: "Which external auditors will be coming?" Seriously speaking, how would I know all the other big shots who would be coming over on 27th Feb 07? Moreover, I'm actually doing the presentation on behalf of my 2nd Boss, who was engaged in another activity. Nevertheless... I supposed I did a good job so far... and I treasure the chance given to me~

Before I left my workplace, I came across an email... a rather sad one... it's about a female colleague from another unit going for an urgent tumour operation at Mt Elizabeth, but the amount involved is about $90k (including $30k as deposit)!! Thus, we were all asked to help... I did... with only S$10/= available... (had been quite poor without the existence of my RB) and this is where Mr. Money showed us his ULTIMATE POWER~~

No $$ - No Talk

The world is such a cruel place to live in... and I am just one of its prey~

No comments: