This year's Annual Retreat (referring to some kind of gathering for team-bonding purpose) was somewhat different from the previous years - no presentation by us - just games and food = NICE~
Apart from relaxing and enjoying the moment, I kept my observation throughout the event...
I noticed the slight isolation somewhere~ but on the other hand, some of them were closely bonded together in their "mathematics revision group" using poker cards. Food and Games were supposed to bond EVERYONE together, which it did~ temporarily.
I shared my views with someone on the gist of being a good supervisor. Both of us concluded that the isolation might be due to the flaws from the self-assumed leadership qualities. Nope... I'm not referring to myself~
This is what I feel about being a Leader/Supervisor:
- Don't be cocky or arrogant
- Always respect your men, if you want them to respect you
- Command is a must... but do it with politeness
- You won't die if you use "please" when asking your men to do something (eg. "please be reminded that..." or "please refrain from..." etc)
- Results are important, but so are your men
- If you lose the respect from your men, you are only a Leader in name
I can't say that I'm a good leader... but I am sure I'm not a bad one~
No comments:
Post a Comment