I cant believed that I actually ate 5 large oysters during the buffet dinner at Ritz Carlton Millenia Hotel yesterday!! You must be thinking there's nothing great about that, but for a person who dun dare to eat it usually, it's an achievement hahaha...
I guess the clammy fellas were too fresh and yummy for me to resist. There was no "smelly" taste at all and it was really delicious with an added squeeze of lemon on it. The dinner buffet was worth the price of S$58+++ per pax especially for those seafood lovers (luckily I'm one of them) cos they served alot of big juicy prawns (garlic-fried ones and boiled-chilled ones), black pepper crabs, freshly steamed lobsters and large crab pincers by the chefs (so many people queuing up for them - I mean the seafood not the chefs), and not forgetting the "melt-in-your-mouth" sashimi (salmon, tuna and another dunno what fish).
While we were enjoying the superb dinner, we noticed a middle-aged aunty sitting opposite me, indulging in her crab-eating session with 100% concentration. At 1st she was using both her hands, then she used the tool (think it's called a nut cracker) to crack open the crab pincers, and she kept on attacking the crabs. After that she asked the waitress to change her a new cloth napkin and a new set of cutlery cos they ended up dirty. Then there's this table with one man and two ladies who asked for distilled water instead of the normal ice water, and when one of the waiter almost refilled their glasses with the latter, the man made such a big fuss about the issue and even requested to speak to the Manager.
Man: (with an air of high class) What's the point of ordering distilled water when the waiter almost poured in the ice water?
After the Manager apologises, the man ordered white wine.
5 mins passed, and the man asked another unlucky Manager who happened to pass by the table.
Man: (with the same air of high class) Where is the wine that I ordered?
Manager: It's on the way, Sir.
Man: It's urgent you know? (I wonder how urgent is it)
Manager: ...... (must be thinking to himself "urgent then go to the toilet lah")
Ok these two cases have nothing to do with the dinner review... just some minor entertainment sighted.
Anyway this time I forgot to take pictures on the food cos we were too busy munching away. Well, of all the buffets that I tried so far, this is the best cos it's worth paying for great food and the ambience is also good.
No comments:
Post a Comment